Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blending Maniacs

Okay, I know I'm a little overboard excited about my new BlendTec blender -- you'd think I'm paid to try it out (I wish, I'd be rich by now...) But this blender has been so much fun you'd think it's a Mac. I use it at least 3-4 times everyday. We have green smoothies in the morning, loaded with more fruit and veggies than I can mention. We have another round after school. We have done soups (I even did a tortilla soup that had me gring whole corn kernels). I've made my own rice milk, almond milk, wheat bread, baked french toast, chocolate mousse, banana bread, waffles, pancakes, salsa, guacamole, wheat flour, soups (it heats the soup), ice cream (it cools it) and more. It's fun and healthy and very loud. We all cover our ears or wear ear plugs. So far Addie doesn't like the noise, but Ravi said she's going to grow up with it so she needs to get used to it. I usually move her upstairs or outside. Some things the kids like better than others, but overall we're eating healthier and happier. Come on over and grab a straw!

1 comment:

Angie said...

You're cracking me up. I've never heard of a blender that heats and cools too! How much longer you going to be in Sydney? We're heading to Brisbane Christmas 2010, but I'm guessing that's too long for you to still be there. My brother and family are moving there next week with Conoco Phillips.