Sunday, August 10, 2008

Team Aussie

We stayed up LATE (2:30a.m.) to watch the opening ceremonies live. Ravi made it until midnight when he tuckered out. It was so fun watching with Ravi and getting excited over the whole production. He'd make comments like, "Wow! Those Chinese are so clever! I wonder what's going to happen next!" and "There's Djibouti!" "There's Eritrea!" "There's India!" He recognized many countries from Google Earth and his talking globe. He just loved it all, though he fell asleep before Team USA and the finale, which was phenomenal as you saw.

Luckily one of our 5 free TV channels provides coverage and I'm really excited about the Olympics this year. However, I've never watched the Olympics while in another country. Of course (what was I expecting?) everything here is focused on Australians. Ravi even asked, "Which team are we cheering for again?" Chris said we cheer for Australians and we cheer for Americans. If they play against each other, we can cheer for USA. I'm a bit sad to say I don't know the USA athletes or their stories. I miss the familiar broadcasting faces. I'm still struggling understanding the 'strine' accent. But, nonetheless, we are in full Olympic mode. One world, one dream...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been watching it too. Incredible opening ceremony!

Unknown said...

Ravi is just brilliant! I love that boy so much!! Oh yeah and you guys too..