Monday, October 19, 2009

Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk


I'm the last to complete this walk, due to a difficult pregnancy and newborn, but I finally did it. Chris and the kids have taken every visitor possible there and for good reason. The scenery is stunning, where you have to pinch yourself along the way and say, "I'm in Sydney. I'm at Bondi Beach. Look at how blue the water is. I want to live in that house, right there. Look at the white cliffs, the cockatoos, the wildflowers, the _______ (fill in the blank)." So beautiful! It's really only an hour stretch, pretty moderate up and down, and perfect for the kids. They get a good workout but don't complain too much.
Happy Start
Bondi Beach, signature Sydney
Don't you just want to take a dip in these saltwater baths?
This is as good of a family photo as we get nowadays
The kids love these exercise areas along the way

Bronte gets her very own suburb, beach, kiosk, school, park, street, and life-saving club.

I never tire of watching the kids play in the sand. It's nature's playground. They could sit there and keep themselves busy for hours. Forget the water, they are just interested in the sand. (It's much easier to manage when dry, too...)
Bronte, holding up the white cliffs

Addie, enjoying the ride

No comments: