Friday, October 2, 2009
Sports Carnival
Sports are a really big deal here, as you might imagine, and it starts young. Today the kids had their sports carnival at school. Just like Harry Potter's Hogwarts, the school is divided into houses -- named after 4 Australian poets -- and each is assigned a color. Ravi and Bronte belong to green "Gordon," so they painted their faces and made signs and such. Not wanting to miss the action, Yared got his face painted too (it's harder to see :), as did Addie. She was a hit, and one Kindy teacher even had her class gather around and look at her (try painting on a wiggly, drooling baby -- it's a G). We had a fun day, complete with several trips back and forth to school to see various events. I was grateful (again!) that I live right across the street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I love those hats. Very Australian.
Ravi is so tall!
They're so cute! and great athletes too! :)
I wish my school did that. Haha..
Post a Comment