Sunday, November 22, 2009

Saturday market - a perfect day

I brake for markets! I love them dearly. I never pass up the chance to catch a good market, so I threw the kids in the car Saturday morning for the North Sydney produce market. I was so proud of myself for parallel parking on a busy street with a long line of cars waiting behind me -- I even looked like I knew what I was doing and made sure the kids knew how wonderful their mother was. We strolled through the stalls, delighted by the random treasures. Ravi loved the samples of fresh meat and fruit, especially the cherries. They all liked the cupcake decorating booth. One booth had only gourmet potatoes of every variety. One had only olives. Another only honey or jams or soap or bush gifts. Many had cheese and wine and flowers and produce picked fresh. A head of lettuce dripping with dirt here. A red capsicum there. A bunch of coriander. A single avocado. I love the sense of community at these types of markets. We ended with a play at the playground and a read at the library -- a truly perfect morning.


The display at the library from Luna Park. This face haunts me at night and is why I don't like clowns.
In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines, lived 12 little girls in 2 straight lines



No comments: