Sunday, November 22, 2009
Waffles
Waffles are an American staple. In our house the waffle tradition has somehow morphed into Friday night waffles. The kids love it. So I was curious when the school fair across the street boasted waffles for sale. The emails inviting everyone to this event hyped up these waffles like they were the newest thing in town. Sausage sizzle -- we get those a lot. But waffles? Not so much at these sorts of things. I'm in, I thought. I paid my $2.50 and got my waffle with a touch of powdered sugar and chocolate -- it was good but really just a regular old waffle. Nothing special. But everyone around me was dying over these waffles! I finally asked one of the other mums about it and she said they don't really eat a lot of waffles here. Sometimes at a cafe but that's about it. So, come on over! I'm going to stand out on my driveway on Friday nights and offer to-die-for waffles -- you know, with melted butter and real maple syrup and bananas and such. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment