


Ravi's not the only one having to learn some rules of the playground (like no peanut butter allowed). I've picked up a few do's and don'ts myself. Rule #1: Don't bring any fast food of any sort to the playground. The only acceptable forms of snacks are whole foods in re-usable, re-washable, re-cycleable containers. Plan well and plan ahead. Rule #2: Try not to disturb nearby boules games played by old men on enclosed fields, soccer leagues, netball practice, or spiders webbed in the trees above. Rule #3: Dogs are not allowed anywhere near the playground (I knew I loved this place for a reason...) Leave them home or stay in designated areas. Rule #4: Don't throw your nappie in the trash unprotected. Bring along a personal nappy bag, tie it shut, and dispose of it properly. Rule #5: Bring your own water bottles, as there are few bubblers (fountains). Don't even think about bringing disposable ones -- you must bring your own that you can fill and re-fill and fill again. Rule #6: Stay next to your child at all times -- right next to them -- and be extremely cautious and conservative at all times. If you bring a magazine to look at or a book to read, please note you will be the only mum in sight doing so. I would hate to think what might become of me if I were to inadvertently break one of these rules. Wish me luck.
1 comment:
Wow, Gretel, that's a lot of rules for a playground! What do they do if you break them? It sure looks fun though!
Post a Comment