Sunday, June 8, 2008

Featherdale Wildlife Park




After a week of solid rain, we were so thrilled to see blue skies Saturday morning that we abandoned all plans for a productive day of unloading boxes and headed to Featherdale Wildlife Park. I've been to many zoos but this is something else. It's a very hands-on (and underfoot) encounter with Australian animals. We petted and fed wallabies, kangaroos, and koalas. We saw more koalas than I knew existed. We saw an enormous crocodile, emus, penguins, cassowaries, Tasmanian devils, and the most beautiful parrots. The kids had a great time, and even Ravi exclaimed, "That was way more fun than I thought it would be." If any of you come visit, we'll take you there -- you'll really feel like you've had a taste of Australia.

Click here to see some more photos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are seeing animals that we only have stuffed animals of. It doesn't look real!

Unknown said...

Awe...you can tell how much Bronte is intrigued with animals!

Sheridan said...

This looks so fun! I definitely want to go when I visit! I love the photo of Bronte and the kangaroo! So cute! And she's getting so big!