Ravi is definitely Chris's child: he reads the atlas like it's a comic book and plays Google Earth fanatically. He loves places and people and names and countries and driving directions and all of those things. He asks questions at night about diplomats and visas. He's a bright little guy, just like his dad.
But, I have to take some credit for a few ways he's like his mom. He's also fluent on both PC's (from school) and Mac (home, of course.) He came home from school talking about PC's and wondering why we don't have PC's at home, why we use Macs. This led to very insightful discussion about Mac vs. PC. Chris told me long ago if I'm not careful I'll drive my children to be PC-friendly just because I love Macs so much -- it will be their form of rebellion. So the conversation went something like this. "Ravi, both Macs and PCs have value. You'll use PCs at school and in the workplace. Nothing is wrong with PCs (I was crossing my fingers behind my back at the time, does that count?) I know how to use PCs too and it's great to use both of them. However, we'll always use Macs at home because they are far superior in everything I like to do on the computer and don't you dare ever think otherwise." (Okay, so I was more diplomatic than that...) Did I mention a new Mac store is opening just a few minutes from my house? I'm thrilled!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Holy Crow! It is the 24th of July and we are not in Utah and neither are you! I hope you guys have a good Pioneer Day Down under. I don't know about you but I will miss the fireworks at Liberty Park.
Looks like a great Mac Store! On the computer thing.... I love the stuff a Mac can do. Yes Jen, I do "more than check my e-mail" shocking but true. Maybe not mountains more, but more. There is still a ton to learn. I'm working on it. Love you guys.
Post a Comment